As we all know Foxwell NT510 will register a new battery to BMW, but have no idea how to. Here’s the step-by-step tutorial on registering BMW battery with NT510 BMW scanner.
Which BMW models need battery registration?
Here is a list of some BMWs that need battery registration. Always verify with your dealer.
E61, E63, E64, E65, E66, E67, E70, E71, E72, E81, E82, E84, E87, E88, E89, E90, E91, E92, E93, F01, F10.
What you need:
Foxwell NT510 Multi-system scanner
Step 1: Replace BMW Battery
Better stick with an AGM (Advanced Glass Mat) battery instead of switching to lead acid batteries if the stock was AGM battery.
Step 2: Register a new battery
Locate the on board diagnostic (OBD – 2) port under the dashboard near your brake pedal. Plug your BMW Foxwell NT510 scan tool into this port.
Turn the key to option II but don’t not start engine. If you have a Push Start button press it a couple of times. Don’t press the brake pedal when you press the start button. All the dashboard lights should turn on.
Register the new BMW battery with NT510:
1.Plug your Foxwell NT510 BMW scanner into the OBD2 port under the dashboard.
2.Turn ignition on, the key to position II. Do not start your car.
3. Select BMW. Scan for VIN. It will automatically look up the VIN number. Once VIN is found press OK.
4. Scroll down to the Body menu 4.
5. Scroll down to Power Supply (Battery) and press Enter.
6. Select option 2 for Battery registration.
In the next screen, you can perform the following.
- Register new battery. Battery replacement is the same as the original.
- Change battery capacity to higher or lower.
- Change battery type between AGM and lead acid battery.
BMW/Mini Cooper Foxwell NT510 battery registration and coding success reviews:
- BMW E60 M5
You can also perform BMW maintenance functions such as registering a new battery, read and clear adaptations, activate and test all of the modules individually, engage the transmission, among many others.
- 2008 BMW E93
Register a new battery -OK
- 2009 BMW 335i (American)
Do battery registration – ok
- BMW E90 328i -OK
- Code a new battery on 08-2011 M3’s
- Can code injectors and new battery on 2008 BMW 135i
- Foxwell NT510 find BMW 90 bad cylinder and I replace one: