Next part is about how to use TF card to extend memory in X431 V:
- Launch X431 V (for example)
- One TF card: Over 8 gigabyte (GB), with the speed of Class 10 (which is over 10 megabyte per second).
- One screwdriver
- take off the plastic protection sleeve from its backside.
- Remove all the screws.
- Set aside the back cover and take out the tablet.
- There is a TF card socket at the right side of the tablet where we insert the TF card.
- Start up the tablet.
Open “Setting” and choose “Storage”.
Click on “SD card”, here we need to set it up first, so choose “Set up”.
Choose “Used as internal storage”;
Next is “Erase and format”, it takes a few minutes in this step;
Next is to choose “Move now”, it takes a few minutes according to the data size.
- Job is done. Launch X431 V successfully used TF card to extend the internal storage, and the procedure is applied to X431 V+ and any other X431 tools.
Launch X431 scan tool tech support: www.obdii365.com
The optional Launch X431 “X-PROG” or “X-PROG3” is required for compatibility when the unit is related to the immobilizer. What’s the difference between XRPGOG and XPROG3?
|Item||Launch X431 X-PROG
|Launch X431 X-PROG3
|Mercedes Benz Keys||No||Yes|
|VW 4th IMMO Dump Mode All Keys Lost||No||Yes|
|Read engine in Bench mode||No||Yes|
|VW 4th IMMO enumeration all keys lost||No||Yes|
|Read gearbox data||No||Yes|
|Read and write keys||Yes||Yes|
|Read BMW engine ISN code||No||Yes|
|Replace OBD reading component||Yes||Yes|
|Read & Write BMW CAS4+ and FEM chips||No||Yes|
|Read engine in Boot mode||No||Yes|
|Read & Write Audi 5th generation steering column chips||No||Yes|
|Working current Max||200mA||500mA|
|Working Temperature||-10-50 0℃||0-50℃|
|Size||142 x72 (mm)||228 x120 (mm)|
To sum it up, X-PROG is the first generation X431 key programming adapter and X-PROG3 is the latest generation with extra chip function and more functions shown in the table above.
Both XPROG and XPROG3 are compatible with multi X431 diagnostic tablets, X431 V, V+, V Pro, Pro3, X431 Pro GT, X431 PAD III, PAD V, PAD VII.